The post-holder will provide a co-ordinated administrative and secretarial service to the Paediatric Intensive Care Clinical Team, including the Clinical Lead for the Department.
The post holder will, in conjunction with the relevant consultants, be responsible for the creation of the PICU junior doctor rota. This will involve close liaison with key stakeholders, understanding the demands and complexities of each service to support the provision of cost-efficient medical rotas.
The post holder will play a pivotal role in ensuring appropriate internal locum cover and reducing the reliance on external medical agency usage, avoiding unnecessary associated expenditure.
Main duties of the job
- Provide a full secretarial and administration service to the team of Paediatric Intensive Care clinicians, using their own initiative.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing incoming post.
- To maintain and coordinate the electronic diary of the clinical team and arrange meetings.
- Process reports, letters, presentations and other complex documentation using appropriate IT processing systems (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and audio typing.
- Maintain and update relevant databases for the team, including annual leave and study leave.
- Liaise with PICU clinicians to plan rotas in advance; assisting with the creation of rotas and allocating the doctors to the appropriate slots.
- Ensuring rotas are maintained accurately on healthroster and are consistently up to date.
- Liaise with nominated junior and senior medical staff on a regular basis to facilitate the smooth and efficient running of all rotas.
- Liaise with Medical HR to be aware of the incoming junior medical staff and collect leave requests to enable rotas to be developed in a timely way.
- Keeping an overall record of all junior doctors and their programmed activities, working with Medical HR to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Identify gaps in the rotas where cover is necessary e.g. for sickness absence, arrange locum cover, in the first instance, internally with other doctors on the rota and the relevant Consultants, to ensure cover is provided to maintain clinical safety to patients.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as ‘Good’ overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds; city living within a stone’s throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.
Knowledge and Experience
Qualifications and Training
Skills and Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Personal Assistant/Rota Coordinator job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally