Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Bristol, Ashton Vale UK – Onsite
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46069
Build the future
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Fitter at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Mechanical Fitter role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Mechanical Fitter will make
As a Mechanical Fitter, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will be working in a small but highly effective team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
In this role you will be supporting and collaborating with different disciplines and areas within the production facility to deliver complex kit to our customers on time and to a high standard of quality.
Day to day, you’ll support the Assembly manager and various delivery teams with any issues and queries related to Assembly work-providing support to essential tasks to ensure Babcock succeed in delivering right first time to budget and on time.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based Onsite at Bristol.
* Qualified to NVQ 3, HNC or time served in a mechanical fitting discipline
* Assembling systems from engineering drawings
* Working in confined spaces and at height
* Following test procedures, reporting faults and findings
* Communicating with supporting engineers effectively to aid problem solving
* Using multiple IT programs to generate and analyse data, and to write reports on results
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.