We are looking for a dynamic and outgoing Community & Events Fundraiser, who will lead on the delivery of our community fundraising and events programme – a key part of our fundraising strategy.
Working within The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust, The Dudley Group NHS Charity are focused on enhancing the wellbeing and experience of our patients and staff by providing services and facilities not routinely funded by the NHS.
This is an exciting time for the Charity, as we grow and develop our small team in line with our ambitious plans. You’ll join us withexperience in community / events fundraising, will be used to communicating to a wide range of audiences and stakeholders and will be able to manage your own workload.
You will demonstrate excellent time management and engagement skills, building a strong network across the regional NHS and wider public communities, whilst providing excellent stewardship to fundraisers.
This exciting role is for someone highly organised, motivated, and enthusiastic about enhancing the role of the NHS within our community. The successful candidate will be able to work proactively to delivering tasks to a high professional standard, demonstrating a strong work ethic and a dynamic approach.
Main duties of the job
Coordinate and proactively develop community fundraising activities with a variety of stakeholders (DGFT, patients, their families, visitors, and community groups (including schools, faith organisations and membership organisations).
- Negotiate and work collaboratively with a variety of different supporters to deliver maximum potential of each activity.
- Carry out administrative tasks
- Supervise and train fundraising volunteers
- Provide data and maintain our CRM (data management system)
- To increase year on year funds raised by an agreed level.
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of “excellent health care, improved health for all”. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as ethnically diverse, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust recognises the values and transferable skills that the Armed Forces community bring and recognise their compatibility with NHS roles.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possible.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To appropriately coordinate community fundraising for The Dudley Group NHS (DGNHS) Charity across different fundraising activities and deliver agreed annual income targets.
- To undertake specific fundraising projects and attend events as necessary or will be required to support fundraising.
- Working with the Head of Fundraising to develop annual plans and budgets for all ward/departments and community fundraising.
- To implement a stewardship programme to engage groups and individual donors as repeat supporters.
- To research, identify and recommend new potential relationships or other opportunities for the DGNHS Charity to increase fundraising income.
- To recruit and co-manage community volunteers and work in collaboration with colleagues to ensure the development and maintenance of excellent relationships with volunteers and donors.
- To represent the DGNHS Charity at presentations, events, meetings, and networking opportunities.
- To support visits (including high profile and VIPs) to the Trust. Liaising with Trust colleagues to arrange visit schedule, request DBS checks, conduct risk assessments for the visit and where appropriate supervise the visit.
- Support the coordination of large-scale fundraising events. Coordinating guest lists, acquiring corporate support where required, booking venues, pre and post communications for the event and thanking supporters following the event.
- To actively promote the DGNHS Charity and enthuse stakeholders (patients, families, community groups and individuals) to make the DGNHS Charity their chosen charity. This will include communicating the impact of the Charity, sharing approved case studies and updates that engage supporters in activities that strengthen their relationship with the DGNHS Charity.
- Engage community supporters through face-to-face meetings, presentations, and phone calls to inspire them to participate in fundraising activities.
- Provide support, advice and resources to community supporters help them maximise their fundraising in aid of the DGNHS Charity
- Deliver presentations; attend meetings and events as part of relationship management.
- Contribute to the fundraising teams stewardship of donors with innovative ideas to show our appreciation for their support.
- Plan and deliver appropriate supporter journeys to steward supporters to increase their life
- time value. Provide superior supporter care that exceeds the expectations of the supporter.
- Deliver timely and personalised thank you letters for all donations received from community donors.
- Work with the Communications team to deliver effective and timely pre- and post-engagement communications.
- Follow up on and deliver actions discussed during supporter meetings.
- Identify and establish new relationships by researching and capitalising on donor networks.
- Engage with and report regularly to supporters.
- In partnership with the Head of Fundraising ensure that the DGNHS Charity meets the requirements of any donation, including the offer of supporter visits, recognition opportunities, updates to the Book of Celebration, PR, and updates
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of relevant supporter communications, opportunities, relationships, and contacts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of pledges, donations, volunteering, gifts in kind
- and acknowledgments.
- Produce reports, and other information as requested by the Head of Fundraising, Deputy Head of Communications or Director of Communications.
- Follow up enquiries, meetings and presentations and check on progress to ensure outcomes
- can be monitored.
- Work closely and effectively with the fundraising team to gather and collate information that will enhance the DGNHS Charitys case for support, reports. Will ensure that opportunities are not missed.
- Working with the Head of Fundraising to forecast anticipated income based on supporter lists and specific fundraising campaigns.
- Liaise with the finance team and Head of Fundraising to ensure that all donations are acknowledged and coded to the correct charitable trust fund.
- Work to build good relationships with donors and provide an excellent level of supporter care.
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships across the depth and breadth of the Trusts hospital and community sites.
- Operate within Charity Law, GDPR and the Fundraising Regulator.
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge and Training
Communication & Relationship Skills
Analytical & Judgement Skills
Planning & Organisational Skills
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Trust Values
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Community & Events Fundraiser job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally