The Education Network are a leading supply teaching agency and we are currently recruiting Sports Coaches / Graduates on behalf of a number of schools in Leeds.
Due to high demand, we are aiming to increase our pool of available Sports Coaches/Graduates to work in secondary schools on both a daily and long term basis.
As we work with a number of schools in partnership, successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in a variety of schools to further develop your teaching experience.
In order to be considered you must have 6 months experience working with students between 11-18 years of age, be enthusiastic and passionate about education and possess at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Successful applicants will typically be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Supervise the class to ensure students complete all work and activities set in absence of the permanent teacher, this includes introducing the lesson and closing the class. All work will be set by a senior member of staff with instructions to follow.
- Complete class register to ensure all students are present
- Display constructive and consistent classroom management and promote a positive learning environment for all students.
- Highlight enthusiasm, a strong work ethic, confidence and ability to work independently using your initiative.
- Ensure pupils remain on task and complete pre-set work to the best of their ability, minimising distractions where possible.
- Assist students with questions and respond appropriately to provide assistance.
- Follow lesson outlines and collect all completed work and resources at the end of the lesson.
- Understand and follow school policies and procedures at all times and deal with emergencies in an effective manner when required.
- Feedback to the class teacher regarding progress made in the lesson, behaviour of students and any other relevant information to be followed up
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV by sending it to removed) and we will be in touch shortly.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.