*Previous applicants need not apply*
The Gynaecology team are seeking two additional Senior Healthcare assistants to join our team on the Gynae ward and assessment unit based at the Sharoe Green Unit within the Royal Preston Hospital.
You will be a pivotal member of the clinical team who can champion the needs of women, you will be passionate and strive to make a difference for women and their families at an often difficult and stressful time of their lives.
We accommodate a diverse mixture of surgical and emergency patients within our 18 bedded area, offering a tertiary service for Gynae Oncology and Endometriosis patients
You will be organised, visionary, a role model for high standards, be interested in patients experience in order to deliver excellent care with compassion
We have 2 full time posts available.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for providing a range of personalised care for patients under the guidance and supervision of the team leader/nurse in charge including: assisting patients with personal hygiene, toileting, use of continence aids, catheter care, measuring patient output, moving and handling, use of mobility appliances, correct patient positioning, ensuring patient safety, taking specimens and observing patients for changes in condition
You will support the productive operation of the clinical environment by undertaking a range of non-clinical activities which contribute to the maintenance of a safe and clean environment.
You will act at all times in a manner that upholds the Trust values working as part of the ward / Unit team to ensure that patients and relatives receive excellent care with compassion.
We have 10,000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 2.1 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You’ll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you’d never have done. You’ll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You’ll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.
Duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide good quality personalised care in accordance with agreed local and national standards
- Take samples from patients for testing or dispatching eg: Urine, sputum, faeces, MRSA swabs, blood sugars
- Assist patients to meet nutritional needs in line with their individual care plan
- Undertake clinical duties relevant to clinical area following achievement of competencies
- Assist to maintain patient safety, conforming to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in maintaining standards of care to improve the patient experience and outcome of care
- Promote equality in care and practice by recognising, respecting and meeting the needs and choices of individuals
- Contribute to maintaining safe, clean, and productive care environment, compliant with standards for hygiene and cleanliness
- Maintain and develop own competence
- Actively try to resolve issues and complaints at local level and then Report the outcome to line manager
- Record keeping
**Maths & English GCSE grade C or above or Functional Skills Level 2 AND NVQ level 2 in Health care is essential for this role. Please ensure you have the correct qualifications and will be able to provide evidence if you are successful.**