gtd healthcare is one of the largestNHS commissioned Primary Care, Urgent Care & Out Of Hours providers inNorth West England, we are proud to have been awarded and delivering the newEnhanced Access Service with our partner Primary Care Networks (PCNs) acrossManchester, Oldham and Tameside & Glossop.
The new Enhanced Accessservice is designed to deliver a range of Primary Care services with doctors,nurses, phlebotomists, pharmacists and allied healthcare professionals and non-clinicalstaff who coordinate the provision of Primary Care services to patients.Enhanced access will offer additional bookable appointments both within andoutside of core practice hours based on the needs of the PCN population.
The Primary Care Enhanced Access Service operatinghours are weekdays 6.30pm to 8pm Monday to Friday & 9am to 5pm Saturday, witha flexible range of hours and days available.
Main duties of the job
The GP will work as part of the multi-disciplinary gtdhealthcare (gtd) team, to deliverprimary medical care in line with current evidence based best practice during thehours of operation dependent on the service area and contractual requirements. This may be via telephone triage or face toface assessment in a range of treatment locations or patients homes across our contract areas.
At gtdhealthcare we believe we do things differently. Our not-for-profitethos, with a drive to innovate care offers patients the best experiencepossible and a unique opportunity to transform services. We put our people atthe heart of everything we do. We are a values driven organisation and we arepassionate about providing the best possible healthcare for our patients.
- Paid indemnity cover.
- 2 sessions per year for appraisal and pre-appraisalpreparation.
- One week study leave per year pro rata.
- Opportunities available for protected medicalleadership time.
- Opportunities for portfolio working across primaryand urgent care, in or out of hours &further development e.g. GPtrainer, fellowship schemes, Minor surgery and other specialist courses.
- Partnership opportunities available with GMSpractices.
- Living wage employer.
- Access to Wagestream, which provides flexible andon-demand access to stream your pay , in real-time, when picking-up extrashifts.
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 32 after five yearsof continuous service.
- Flexible pension benefits including NHS pensionscheme.
- Flexible working hours and policies.
- Family friendly and carer policies.
- Opportunities to apply for innovation and qualityawards.
- gtd healthcare’s wellbeing initiatives, which offer a wide rangeof tools and resources.
- gtd healthcar e social and fun activities.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- NHS staff discounts e.g. Blue Light Card, HealthService Discounts.
Thisjob description is intended to provide a broad outline of the mainresponsibilities only.
Key Duties andResponsibilities include:
- Providetimely clinical care to gtd healthcareOut Of Hours patients in the form of advice or face to face consultation. Thismay be at our Denton Main Base, satellite bases, a gtd healthcare treatment centre or on home visits.
- Toensure that where appropriate, the patient is referred for further managementwith the relevant service, e.g. secondary care specialities, communityservices.
- Toproactively communicate with the Clinical Shift Leads and Senior Care Coordinatorsto ensure the smooth running of the shift.
- Tobe responsible for prioritisation and timeliness of all consultations assignedto the shift.
- Workwith colleagues to maximise effective and efficient delivery of care topatients.
- Towork within the prescribing formulary, taking account of the minimum length ofprescribed treatment.
- Provideclinical advice to both internal and external other staff as required (e.g. ClinicalShift Lead, Senior Care Co-ordinator, Triage Nurses, other GPs, DistrictNurses)
- Representgtd healthcare in a professionalmanner when in contact with the general public and other professionals.
- Tocontribute to the training and development of Clinical and non-clinical staff,e.g. GP registrars, Trainee Advanced Practitioners, Paramedics.
- Whereappropriate, undertake the basic trainers course and work with managementteams to either enable training status to be achieved or maintain trainingstatus.
- Supportlocally developed urgent care pathways and community alternatives to admission,e.g. DVT service, Alternative to Transfer (ATT/PATS) Scheme with NWAS.
- Tosupport streaming of patients to or from co-located A&E services.
- Oncall shifts (optional): Doctors on call are expected to respond to phonerequests within 5 minutes of call and to be able to attend at any of ourcentres within 1 hr.
- Maintainappropriate professional registration and ensure working within professionalcompetencies.
- Toensure all statutory and mandatory training relevant for post is completed.
- Identifyown training needs, in consultation and attend agreed relevant courses / studydays to enhance personal development.
- Tobe available for meetings and appraisals from time to time as required.
- Activelyseek out learning opportunities via networking with peers in otherorganisations.
- Participatein the NHS Appraisal process and all activities required for revalidation.
- Tohave a good understanding and follow the organisations policies andprocedures.
- Workas part of the gtd healthcaremultidisciplinary team to ensure a positive and productive team environment isdeveloped and maintained at all times.
- Workas part of a team to ensure targets are met and have primary responsibility foroperational targets in real time.
- Involvementin the teaching and training of other health professionals who may be attachedto the service.
- Alertgtd management promptly to problems in service delivery or concerns about thecompetence of clinical and non-clinical colleagues.
- Toprovide relevant information and assurance regarding Working Time Directive andhours worked.
- Tocontribute and participate in the management of complaints and concerns whereappropriate.
- Participatein audit of clinical and patient services.
3. Terms, Conditionsand Expectations
This job description isintended to provide a broad outline of the main responsibilities only. The postholder will need to be flexible indeveloping the role.
Skills and attributes
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this GP – Enhanced Access Service job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally