Exciting opportunity to recruit a Business and Admin Apprentice
About Govia Thameslink Railway
Govia Thameslink Railway has nearly 7000 staff across the South East of the UK and we are the largest train operating company in the UK, operating Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern. We’re here to introduce ground-breaking new technologies and carry out the biggest rail transformation in decades.
Working for us, you’ll enjoy great company and industry benefits, including free travel on our services (Gatwick Express, Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern) and huge discounts with other UK and international train operators, including London Underground. You’ll get a market leading pension, and fantastic discount schemes. You’ll get an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression are actively encouraged.
Want to use the latest tech to get millions of people to where they need to go each year?
Our Network Operations team do exactly that every day and are looking for three future focused apprentices to join the growing team! This is a fantastic opportunity to learn the behind the scenes operation of the railway from the ground up, while getting paid and gaining nationally recognised qualifications. Three Bridges Rail Operating Centre is responsible for the real time delivery of all Southern, Thameslink, Gatwick Express and Great Northern services.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) and able to speak professionally and confidentially to staff at all levels. You’ll be a dynamic self-starter with exceptional attention to detail. You’ll need to be happy to work closely with colleagues, in the office, face-to-face around the business, via telephone and written communications. You’ll exhibit professional behaviours and commit to championing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
As well as your structured apprenticeship, your learning will include:
- Reviewing the daily train service plan, working closely with managers to implement any required changes due to infrastructure, fleet and crew availability.
- Providing administration support to the Training & Support Services Team.
- Liaising with Network Rail to develop and implement on the day, very short-term train paths as necessary for train services.
- Working closely with Network Rail and other Train Operating Company managers to understand restrictions and the impact on train services.
- Work with the managers who lead and manage operational incidents within your geographical area.
- Continually improve the customer journey experience through collating and analysing data, identifying enhancements to process, service delivery, recovery and operational management.
- Work with customer information teams to ensure that customers are kept informed of any changes
On completion of your apprenticeship, you’ll have a formal business & administration qualification, and a good understanding of what makes the railway run.
This is a fantastic opportunity for committed individuals to kick-start a career in a dynamic and progressive industry, which offers lifelong learning. At the end of the formal learning period (normally 12-18 months), we will seek to secure you a role as a fully-employed member of GTR and this will be subject to achievement of learning objectives as well as demonstration of key GTR values and behaviours.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Business & Admin Apprentice job in Crawley, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally