DESIGNER – 12 Month Maternity Cover contract with the prospect of a permanent role.
Our client is a well-established, design-led business that supplies clothing, interiors and beauty products to major high street retailers. This exciting role is working within a dynamic design team to create, design & develop clothing ranges of Nightwear and Swimwear each season for both in-house and contract ranges for individual high street retailers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce commercial and innovative designs, being mindful of customer requirements and price points
- Responsible for managing own accounts and liaising with customers, taking direction from the Business Account Manager when needed
- Attend research trips in the UK and potentially abroad
- Responsible for own research and ongoing trends
- Carry out comparative shopping to predict trends
- Research our clients’ as well as our own competitors to ensure our ranges sit better in the market and entice our customers
- Develop core ranges and produce range profiles
- Design / select fabrics and create storyboards
- Organise sampling and swatching
- Present design work to customers and internally to the wider design teams and senior management
Skills and Knowledge:
- CAD literate. Proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop packages
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills to adhere to firm deadlines
- Commercial awareness
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant Design Degree
- Proven experience as a Designer/Assistant Designer working in a fast paced clothing supplier for high street retailers.
- Good knowledge of fabrics and strength with print design.
This is a blended Office and home based role with potential travel to UK customers and occasional travel (as required) to manufacturing bases in the Far East and design inspiration trips or trade shows in other worldwide locations.
Headway Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Headway Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to a policy of diversity, equality and inclusion.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Designer job in Bradford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally