An Electrical Engineer is required for a rapidly expanding, global manufacturer based in the Warwickshire area.
As the world’s leader in fire safety equipment, they have a reputation in the market for quality over quantity. With a fantastic production facility, they utilize the latest technology and tools to ensure they remain at the cutting edge of innovation. They have cross-functional teams of staff that will support all areas from design, through to manufacture and final delivery of projects. As part of a larger group of companies globally, it allows its supply chain to distribute to every continent.
Benefits include a salary of up to £45K dependent on experience, plus annual salary reviews, 33 days including bank holidays, a very generous private pension plan, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, and other benefits.
Working hours are 40hrs per week Monday to Friday
Joining an already established aftersales department, the role will give someone the chance to develop their knowledge and skills electrically, and be seen as the go-to subject matter expert on the electrical range of fire protection and critical life safety equipment.
The role is predominantly workshop based in Warwick, however, the role will require occasional travel to customer sites across the UK, and also trips to Europe for training and development.
Responsibilities for the role include – To be the electrical champion for the field service team on all current and upcoming products
– Carry out workshop repairs, maintenance, and improvements on control panels
– Troubleshooting of potential or current issues with engineers who are in the field, or with customers over the phone / video link
– Work collaboratively with the lead development engineers on upcoming projects, to interpret new designs or modifications to the product line
– To develop a strong knowledge of the traditional product line and upcoming introductions
– Working cross-functionally with other departments including mechanical, electrical, quality, and testing
– To ensure all product documentation is fully up to date and accessible via the CRM system
– Occasional on-site visits to customers to carry out critical repairs or servicing, as well as overseas travel if necessary
To be successful in the role, you will have the following skills and experience –
– Previous experience as an electrical engineer, working on a technical product range that has control panels integrated
– NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
– Be able to understand or interpret electrical drawings and wiring diagrams
– Have a good understanding of CAN systems, technical manuals, manufacturing processes, and quality / testing documentation
– Innovative and forward thinking, with the ability to lead a team of engineers, and work cross-functionally with other senior personnel of other departments.
– A full UK drivers license, and the flexibility to travel occasionally to customer sites nationwide, and potentially to Europe in the future for training.
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Electrical Engineer job in Coventry, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally