Senior Project Manager – Research & Commercial Markets
Do you enjoy taking ownership for delivering successful projects?
Would you like to be part of an entrepreneurial Agile squad creating innovation?
About our Team
We are a team of Project and Programme Managers who work across our organisation to provide strategic, innovational and transformational change for our analytical and digital tools. We collaborate globally to work cross-functionally to ensure flawless and robust enhancements and refinements. We deliver a variety of successful technology projects that create value and provide inspired solutions for our customers and business.
About the Role
As a Senior Project Manager, you will take ownership for managing investment projects and initiatives for our Research and Commercial Markets. You will collaborate with stakeholders to help define our strategic vision and road-map and manage expectations and budgets. You will be key in ensuring we execute and deliver successful projects on-time, to quality and in-budget.
• Leading and managing projects that vary in budget and complexity to deliver successful business outcomes for our Investment Portfolio.
• Defining outcomes, developing strategic road-maps and overseeing budgets through establishing and managing with stakeholders.
• Working with stakeholders across our organisation to develop strategies, execute deliverables, manage delivery road-maps, establish project schedules and resolve issues.
• Managing project governance and reporting to ensure standards are followed.
• Managing internal and external dependencies to ensure deliverables are executed to achieve successful business outcomes.
• Leading and implementing best practices to improve our methodology and quality of delivery across our projects.
• Have good knowledge of Agile, software development life cycle and experience using Jira, Confluence and Project Management tools.
• Be a natural communicator, with an ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and present technical content to a range of audiences.
• Be able to design and deliver a high-level road-map and align and manage project deliverables and tasks for successful execution.
• Enjoy collaborating and leading teams to design a strategy to solve problems and implement innovative solutions.
• Have experience in developing strategies and visions and aligning project deliverables.
• Have experience managing risk and issues to delivery and taking ownership for proactive mitigation plans.
• Have experience of establishing, managing and monitoring project budgets and forecasts.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home or any other work location.
• Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day.
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days.
• Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits.
• Wellbeing programs.
• Life assurance.
• Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme.
• Long service awards.
• Save As You Earn share option scheme.
• Travel Season ticket loan.
• Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
• Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children.
• RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you.
• Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer.
• Access to extensive learning and development resources.
• Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work.
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior Project Manager job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally