Would you like to start your career in the NHS whilst gaining relevant qualifications? Are you caring and compassionate and interested in working in a hospital laboratory? If so, this could be the apprenticeship for you.
Upon completion of the L2 apprenticeship you will be trained to be a Healthcare Science Assistant and will be able to apply for other such roles.
This is a great opportunity to gain skills, experience and knowledge for those who may wish to pursue a future career in healthcare science.
Main duties of the job
In addition to the information below the Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Apprentices will be supported to learn, understand and do the following during their training:
- Assist in the delivery of a high-quality laboratory service that meets all accreditation requirements (ISO 15189:2012 standards)
- Undertake basic laboratory procedures following successful training
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues and service users by handling confidential information and giving and receiving information.
- Develop own skills and knowledge demonstrating a commitment to learning as part of the apprenticeship training.
- Work as part of a team, seeking help and guidance and work within own scope of practice, taking responsibility for developing own skills and demonstrate a commitment to learning.
Our teams work hard to be flexible and promote a health work/home life balance and so, agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
Why an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship gives you the ability to continue to study and develop your skills through work experience and study, with the added benefit of earning a salary whilst doing it. The Apprenticeship offers a combination of study based learning with on-the-job training working alongside our skilled employees.
The apprenticeship programme will provide you with the opportunity to grow and develop your capabilities, build confidence, develop your professional network and understand the opportunities of working for the UKs largest employer.
We understand the need to grow our own talent within the NHS, this opportunity will allow us to do this and ensure we are building a strong foundation for the future of the NHS.
Education and Qualifications
Knowledge and Experience
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Healthcare Science Assistant-Peterborough job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally