Are you looking to kickstart a career in Education?
Do you want a permanent educational job, without the pressure of planning work and with more flexible benefits?
Can you be a positive role model to those who need it most?
We are working with a vibrant school in the Stevenage area, who are looking to recruit a cover supervisor to join their friendly and passionate team on a permanent basis. The role of a Cover Supervisor is varied and challenging but also very rewarding; you will be expected to deliver prepared work to pupils as well as managing behaviour, engaging with students, and supervising the classroom. You will have the opportunity to support students whilst also developing your professional skills as well as gaining valuable experience within the classroom, and being a compassionate role model to children of all social backgrounds.
The school offers fantastic methods to raise engagement and concentration across the school. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to kick start a career in education, who doesn’t necessarily have any experience. For the right candidate, on the job training will be provided as long as you have a positive, confident attitude! The school boasts incredible facilities such as on site parking, transportation links, not to mention modern learning spaces that are designed to encourage inclusive learning across the curriculum. You will also have a chance to work amongst a highly professional team who are dedicated practitioners, focusing on providing a nurturing environment for students of all backgrounds. The students you will be working with come from a variety of backgrounds who may need emotional support as well as a friendly assistant who can make their school days the highlight of their week. This role doesn’t require planning or assessments, you simply have to be the role model that many young people need in their lives.
It is a highly rewarding role, where qualifications are ideally desired, but not required. We are looking for those with experience working with children, and who have relevant skills and attributes to help shape young people’s lives. We are actively seeking candidates in and around Hertfordshire – if you believe you would be the perfect candidate for this role, we would love to hear from you!
* Being willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year-olds, managing behaviour in line with school policies
* Delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
* Engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task, assisting with queries where possible
* Dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures
* A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant and a branch with 24-hour on-call facilities
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and ‘Team Teach’
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Flexible hours and working patterns
* A ‘Recommend a friend’ bonus worth up to £300
* An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) – if you do not have this we can support in getting one
* A flexible, professional and approachable manner
* The ability to establish rapport quickly with children whilst maintaining a high standard of control and discipline
– To apply for this role or to display an interest in any other school based roles please apply online, or for more information contact Danni Gore at Randstad on 0161 200 1930, or alternatively send me an email to express your interest at . I look forward to speaking with you soon!