Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Location: Oxford, UK
Are you a Software Engineer looking for an innovative change?
Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to deliver improvements that make a difference?
About our Team
We are searching for a senior software engineer to help us reshape our global eCommerce stores. Our team of 7 are working with a modern tech stack to develop a best-in-breed platform for serving products to millions of customers every month. We ship multiple applications multiple times a day, employ a continuous deployment strategy, use mono-repos, and lean heavily on automated tests and monitoring.
About the Role
This is a Full-Stack role. You will be writing and reviewing features in both front and back-end areas of the platform. You’ll also play a key role in helping us develop people – through mentoring, peer review, pairing, and career discussions with other members of the team. You will be given flexibility and autonomy to break down user stories into technical tasks and influence direction and communicate to the rest of the team.
• Engineering high-profile applications from performing deployments, monitoring applications and services, and assisting with production issues to ensure customer satisfaction
• Working collaboratively in an agile product delivery team and having discussions on project planning with stakeholders to align business objectives
• Presenting technical work to a range of audiences to drive knowledge-sharing and competently mentoring more junior colleagues in software development
• Monitoring escalated requests from support and drive resolution of technical issues to ensure quality and performance
• Improving our code, processes and team performance by promoting industry best-practices and learning new technologies to encourage continuous improvement
• Performing research, design, and software development assignments to drive meaningful insights
• Demonstrate experience with modern web application frameworks
• Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills and can explain complex technical content to a range of audiences
• Enjoy collaborating with teams to deliver successful projects and to solve problems through innovation
• Be able to mentor software developers on front-end and general software development techniques
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home or in our office in a hybrid style
• Working flexible hours – flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
• Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
• Wellbeing programs
• Life assurance
• Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
• Long service awards
• Save As You Earn share option scheme
• Travel Season ticket loan
• Maternity, paternity and shared parental leave
• Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
• RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
• Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
• Access to extensive learning and development resources
• Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
When you work with us, your work matters. You are part of an organisation that nurtures your curiosity to stimulate innovation for the communities that we serve.
GROWING EVERY DAY
Like the communities we serve, you are on a constant path of discovery to shape your career and personal development.
COLLEAGUES WHO CARE
You will be part of the Elsevier family. We will support your well-being and provide the flexibility you need to thrive at work and home.
Together, we create possibilities!
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.