Morgan Hunt are recruiting for an Grounds Maintenance Operative/Gardener to work with an NHS Trust based in East London on a Temporary basis. The details of the job are below:
Hours: Full-time 36 hours 8.00am to 4.30pm Mon – Fri
Pay Rate: 14ph – 15ph Ltd
Location: East London
Duration: 6 months on going contract
Must have full clean driving licence
- Job Purpose
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Trust sites gardens and grounds are maintained to a high standard throughout all sites in conjunction with the Team Leader on various gardening and planting projects. Carry out duties to ensure that the Hospital grounds are clear of litter and to collect such litter and dispose of in an appropriate manner, inclusive of sweeping Trust areas.
- To ensure all Health and Safety Control and Asbestos, COSHH and permit to work systems are adhered to at all times. Reporting any non-safe practices or faulty equipment which could affect their own safety and that of any employee throughout the Trust, or Trust property.
- To follow departmental and the Trust’s operating policies and procedures when undertaking this role.
- Required to work on his/her own initiative unsupervised within the standard operating procedures and prioritise the work schedule.
- To maintain good working relationships and communicate effectively, especially on the routine technical information with the recipients who may not be specialists in the technical field.
- To participate in the work rotas covering various Trust sites as directed.
- Main duties and responsibilities.
- Carry out such duties to ensure that all gardens, lawns, courtyards and bedded areas are maintained to a high standard throughout (including grass cutting, planting, weeding etc…)
- Direct if necessary other ground persons to assist in maintaining the grounds.
- Carry out such duties to ensure that the Hospital grounds are clear of litter and to collect such litter and dispose of in an appropriate manner, inclusive of sweeping Trust areas.
- To ensure that all Hospital grounds are maintained to a high standard in the absence of other team members.
- Gardening and planting projects and to compile orders for gardens/grounds supplies for requisitioning through the Estates Officer.
- To undertake a daily audit of the Trusts external grounds, to rectify/repair any faults found and to report any damage, loss or associated problems to your Line Manager.
- To attend training courses as and when required.
- Carry out statutory water hygiene works as instructed to ensure compliance with Trust policy/guidance, including compliance with the Approved Code of Practice and HTM’s on Legionella/Pseudomonas controls
- To be conversant with the use of technology e.g. Computer Assisted Facilities Management System (CAFM) and WEB mobile smart phone technology for management reporting.
- To undertake a daily audit of the Trusts external art works, sculptures and water features to ensure that they are clean, in working order and to report any damage, loss or associated problems to your Line Manager.
- Acts within established parameters and is guided by precedent and statutory requirements, Health and Safety at Work, Health Technical Memorandum (HTM’s), ACOP’s and Best Industry practice, such as Permit to work, Confined spaces working and but will be expected to act independently within these guidelines so that work is managed rather than supervised.
- To use materials, substances with regard to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations.
- To immediately report any hazards, risks or accidents.
- To keep updated of new gardening techniques, treatments and equipment.
- To be competent in the spraying of chemical treatments.
- To be competent in the use, care and basic maintenance of hand held, electrical and mechanically driven gardening tools and equipment.
- To ensure that all footpaths, courtyards, slopes and roadways are applied with salt/grit as and when required.
- To ensure that pavements, garden structures, outdoor furniture and other external features of the hospital are maintain in good state of repair.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Grounds Maintenance Operative/Gardener job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally