The high quality of our people and our collective skills, expertise and experience define us.
UPP Residential Services primarily delivers a full range of Facilities Management (FM) and Asset Management services to the university sector. At each of the universities we partner with we supply a local team, which successfully manages, and delivers the agreed services. The team provides the day-to-day face of the partnership, providing a high level of customer service plus effective and efficient facilities management, ensuring every aspect is delivered to high standards and supporting the student experience.
Here at UPP we have an opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to work as part of our team in providing both a planned and responsive maintenance service at Nottingham University.
This is a permanent position working 37.5 hours per week from Monday to Sunday between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm with the requirement to work 2 weekends out of 10. The salary is £23,556 per annum.
Role responsibilities as a Maintenance Assistant include:
- Undertake maintenance within the residences in a safe working environment, assessing all Health and Safety issues before work commences and report any hazards identified to the relevant Manager
- Carry out reactive maintenance in accordance with the Service Level Agreement and provide front line response for all fabric work
- Carry out PPM in accordance with the schedule & liaise with specialist sub-contractors
- Maintain accurate records of breakdowns and maintenance repairs, including records for statutory compliance using a tablet / device
- Carry out statutory testing including PAT testing, fire alarm testing, fire door testing and others, as required
- Report any Health and Safety issues relating to the residences ensuring all information is passed to the relevant persons
We truly care about the experience of our residents and invite you to join our friendly and passionate team to help make a positive difference to students living away from home in our accommodation.
We are looking for you to have worked in a similar role within a maintenance environment and have great communication and organisation skills, along with the passion to do a great job.
A current valid driving licence is essential for this role.
You will have a good understanding of the operational procedures and safe working practices of building services and systems as well as good understanding of health and safety, with the ability to always work in a safe manner.
You will also be prepared to work (with notice) additional hours when the needed, especially during the main student arrival and departure weekends.
We are looking for you to already have experience managing a Team with great communication and organisation skills, used to working with IT packages/databases (including Microsoft packages) and the passion to do an excellent job.
What we offer:
In return, we are offering a fun and interesting environment to work in with a competitive salary and a great benefits package which includes 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life insurance, pension, cycle to work scheme, store discounts, as well as access to our UPP Rewards portal, offering discounts from a variety of retailers, restaurants gyms and more.
We also give two paid volunteering days each year to support a charity of your choice.
Valuing our differences is what makes UPP a growing success and allows everyone to come to work feeling valued and supported.
We are an inclusive, flexible and supportive employer who is committed to investing in our people through training and development; and we are proud this is recognised through our Investors in People Gold award.
We are a team of people with energy, pace and passion; if that sounds like you, apply today.