We have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding salesperson to join our NEW Self-Pay team as a Senior Self-Pay Advisor. This role is a based in our Head Office in Central London (NW1 4LJ), with a hybrid working model. We are also offering a competitive salary of up to £38,000 per annum plus SIGNIFICANT on-target bonus and a fantastic array of benefits.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1350 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
The Senior Self-Pay Advisor will support the Self-pay Advisors in proactively handling all self-funding enquiries (web, email and telephone) quickly and efficiently, providing comprehensive information on self-funding services and securing initial new patient appointments wherever possible. The postholder is expected to nurture and coach the team members to confidently and empathetically support patients through their journey at The London Clinic, building relationships that make the decision to have their treatment with us as easy as possible. Individual and team conversion of enquiries to appointments, timely follow up soft sales calls and self-pay revenue growth will make up core KPIs.
The Senior Self-Pay Advisor is specifically accountable for ensuring the team achieves individual and group targets that drive self-pay revenue growth. There is key remit for tracking and measuring team performance and outputs and translating this into regular management information reports.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with flexibility required around early mornings, evenings and weekends as per the needs of the business with flexibility to work 1 day per week from home.
- Salary: £32,000 to £38,000 per annum
- Location: 1 Park Square West, London, NW1 4LJ (Baker Street and Regents Park stations) – this role will offer a hybrid working approach.
- Benefits package: Contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%). Private Medical Healthcare. 33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays). Season ticket travel loan, family friendly benefits, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers/services, plus much more. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Lead the sales advisor team to increasingly achieve and overachieve all targets across enquiry to appointment conversion, outbound soft sales follow up calls amongst other areas
- Support development of the Self-pay Advisors with knowledge of systems, process and experience to ensure maximum levels of patient activity are the focus at all times.
- Work alongside the GP Liaison team to support premium referrers in a bid to growing the self-pay business from this lead source, and working alongside key consultants and medical secretaries to deliver a first-class service with our priority pricing offering.
- Working collaboratively with the GP Liaison team, the Senior Self-Pay Advisor will provide high levels of support for development of the Premium Referrers service through speedy and professional management of issues/barriers, enquiries and appointments.
- Work closely with the pricing team to support key consultants and their medical secretaries with priority pricing requirements. Where appropriate, VIP patients/services will need to be supported and their individual requirements at The London Clinic. Supporting promotion of and attending patient information events.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a customer service / sales role. Ideally this would have been in a telephone-based environment.
- Team leadership experience would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office with experience using, developing and implementing CRM / enquiry management systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills with a proactive attitude, and the ability to build relationships with people and customers at all levels, as well as work towards and to achieve personal & team KPIs and targets.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic’s main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynae; Hepatobiliary; Neurology; Neurosurgery; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastics; Urology; Vascular & Bariatric surgery.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.