Salary Banding – £27,384 – £29,592
Horizon Care and Education have an opportunity for a children’s Senior Residential Support Worker to join our brand-new team and new home opening soon.
Bright Futures, Inspired By You.
At Horizon, we believe that each young person is unique and should be enabled to feel confident about their future, no matter what they have been through in life.
There’s nothing more rewarding than helping someone believe in themselves, have the confidence to celebrate their own uniqueness and achieve success that is personal to them.
Candidates will need a QCF Level 3 in Young Peoples Workforce Residential qualification or equivalent to be considered for this role
How you’ll be rewarded:
- Salary between £27,384 – £29,592 (including sleeps) plus excellent rates of overtime pay and bonuses.
- Flexible hours available to suit your availability and work life balance.
- Sleep in hours available.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), dependant on contract.
- Free Blue Light Card which entitles you to thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street.
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription.
- Comprehensive and tailored induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period.
- Face-to-face therapeutic training and support for all colleagues via our SHINE programme.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all colleagues on a variety of topics.
- Free eye checks.
- Free meals on shift (residential homes only).
- Colleague referral scheme with cash rewards – earn up to £500 per referral.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme – free, confidential support via Bupa.
- Children, Young People and Families Practitioner – Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded Apprenticeship Level 3 for colleagues in our homes.
- Qualifications and ongoing development – We will recognise your unique talents, and our Academy programmes will help you grow and thrive in your career. Emerging Talent Academy opportunities such as the Learning to Lead and Emerging Leaders Programme, with the potential to include fully funded QCF Level 5
- Community and wellbeing – Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need to feel good about what you do. We’re in this together.
About the role:
As a Senior Residential Care Worker, you’ll be integral to the smooth running of daily life within our homes, enabling young people to thrive. Your role will include:
- Ensuring a safe and supportive environment for children and young people to fulfil their potential and develop meaningful relationships with others.
- Supporting a team of colleagues in their roles working with children and young people, including shift planning and completing supervisions, and ensure they have everything they need to enable the most appropriate outcomes for each young person.
- Representing the home and organisation in professional meetings and advocating for children and young people.
- Supporting the Registered Manager in ensuring the home provides the best possible environment for young people and meets quality standards.
If you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and enabling them to shape their own future, then we want you to be part of our team.
Horizon Care and Education are committed to providing equal opportunities and we endeavour to provide an inclusive and safe working culture for all.