The Recruitment Co. are urgently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join their expanding team based in the Ammanford area. Immediate start available.
Salary: £24,238 per annum plus shift allowance
Hours: 3 Shift pattern rotating: Mon – Fri 6am – 2pm / 2pm-10pm/ 10pm-6am
To provide leadership, guidance and support to Production Operatives to create greater efficiencies and a committed team operating in a safe working environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for all workers.
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Follow correct procedures to set up, operate and clean down machines to ensure efficient running of machines and minimal downtime.
- Establish priorities to ensure the manufacturing team works most efficiently.
- Provide support to ensure that the team delivers, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer.
- Monitor and accurately complete shift reports (H&S issues, daily performance, OEE, scrap, breakdown, quality issue) and report to management.
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) practices at all times.
- Supervise team members closely to ensure greatest output and efficiency possible, ensuring start and finish times and break times are adhered to and safe working practices are followed at all times.
- Follow individual training plans to ensure team members are multi-skilled across the section and to create greater flexibility of the workforce, identifying any additional training required.
- Ensure a return to work interview is carried out when any employee or worker returns to work after a sickness absence, in line with company procedures.
- Constantly evaluate productivity within the team and be prepared to work flexibly to increase productivity, including in other areas of the factory when necessary.
- Responsible for training of new operators to perform their duties.
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with Company procedures.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Feedback to the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities
- Prepare and conduct a comprehensive handover with the oncoming shift to eliminate any unnecessary downtime between shifts.
- Work according to the policies and guidelines of the Company.
- To be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and met.
- To take responsibility for one’s own health and safety, as well as that of other employees and stakeholders, and to act in a safe and responsible way at all times.
- To comply with any Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments, PPE requirements identified as being applicable at any time.
- To be committed to working towards the company’s vision and implementing the company’s values.
If you feel you would be suitable for this role, then please submit your CV for immediate response.
The Recruitment Co. is an equal opportunities employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.