Sales Ledger Clerk
- Job reference no: VN11538
- Job type: Contract
- Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
*** 18 – 24 month FTC ***
Who will you be working for?
You’ll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. We are a purpose-driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
The primary function of a Sales Ledger Clerk is to accurately clear down and allocate monies received into the company’s bank accounts to the respective client, vendor or GL accounts. As a support function employee, it is important to be methodical and have excellent attention to detail skills to mitigate the risk of financial misstatement. Basic accounting principles are of the essence for high volume transactional processing and reconciliation.
– Download all bank statements required for daily postings to the relevant accounts.
– Accurate allocation of customer receipts/credit notes against invoices on SAP to clear invoices being paid in line with set targets. This also includes payments in multiple currencies and inter-company.
– Ownership and management of unallocated cash with documented clear and current action plans.
– Oversight of customer refunds to ensure that they are being correctly reflected in SAP.
* Accounts Receivable
* High volume transaction processing
* SAP experience would be adventageous
* Dealing with multi-currency/intercompany
* Account reconciliation
* Customer service
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee’s hard work is valued and rewarded.
- The choice to work flexibly from home and the office, in line with our new hybrid working principles.
- Annual bonus linked to company and personal performance
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- 5 day’s paid Caregiver/Dependant leave per annum
- 5 paid days off per year for volunteering `
- Competitive family care policy
- Financial, physical and mental wellbeing support
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
- Company share option
- Access to a range of retail discounts and savings
We look forward to hearing from you.