Job Title: Air Traffic Control Assistant
Location: Wittering, UK – On Site
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45937
You’re the key
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Air Traffic Control Assistant at Wittering
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
The Air Traffic Control Assistant is based within our Aviation business area.
Our Aviation business helps defend nations, save lives and protect communities through innovative delivery of critical and vital aviation services to the civil and defence sectors. Everyday lives, livelihoods, safety, and security depend on the operations we fly and enable.
The difference our new Air Traffic Control Assistant will make
As an Air Traffic Control Assistant, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary, ensuring the smooth running of the Visual Control Room and Tutor Squadron Operations whilst also meeting and exceeding customer expectations and LAFT contractual requirements.
Day to day, you’ll be Responsible for ensuring a safe, orderly, and expeditious flying operation at Wittering, working alongside a team of Air Traffic Control Officers, Air Traffic Services Assistants, and aircrew. You will help to drive the delivery of the flying activities at RAF Wittering alongside your Babcock and Military colleagues by taking a ‘Whole Force’ approach to our activities and ensuring that Babcock’s excellent safety and delivery reputation is always maintained.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
* Sound understanding of partnering and alliance between customer and contract.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Analytical and problem-solving skills in a dynamic operational environment
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with staff and customers when required
* Resilience and adaptability, able to roll with uncertainty and changing priorities whilst staying firmly within the boundaries of regulation, legislation, and company procedures
* That you’re a problem solver, not just identifier. You’re great at simplifying and prioritising and using data as well as good judgement to make decisions
* Brilliant planning and organisation skills, to manage different taskings, priorities and deadlines
* Pragmatism – using your skills, knowledge, and experience to best fit the context we are in and where we are going to
* You should hold or have the ability to obtain ESS Clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. . If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 21/12/2022