Bursaries and Centres Administrator
City of London, London
Bursaries and Centres Administrator
City of London
The Royal Television Society
Merrifield Consultants is delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with The Royal Television Society to recruit their Bursaries and Centres Administrator!
* Become proficient in understanding the business process and activities relating to RTS Centres, Awards and Bursaries and actively contribute to the successful execution and completion of activities related to those business functions
* Become proficient in using RTS CRM, events, website, awards and bursary systems systems that relate to the Centres, Awards and Bursary business functions including configuring, maintaining and updating applications and various databases as necessary as well as assisting with user queries
* Be proficient in the use of MS Office 365 covering Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc to effectively create and manage documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
* Diary management and arranging appointments on behalf of the bursary and centres teams.
* Draft agendas and minutes and distribute relevant documentation for meetings (ad hoc).
* Liaise with staff in other departments and with external RTS stakeholders
* Support on occasional RTS HQ events e.g. helping to run the reception desk; set up; support event coordinator.
* Ad-hoc mailings e.g. posting out Centre certificates or Awards.
* Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
* Regularly check the Bursaries general email inbox and respond to queries/ forward on as appropriate.
* Book travel and accommodation for scholars and collate the relevant expenses for RTS bursary events
* Assist with administrating the two RTS Bursaries Programmes through the entire process of awarding annually 40 50 bursaries to undergraduates, including monitoring applications, scheduling telephone interviews; applicant correspondence, contacting scholars about upcoming events and opportunities; managing the RTS bursaries Facebook group; database management
* Assist with outreach undertake independent research and email relevant universities, companies, schemes etc to advertise bursary is open for submissions.
* Assist in record keeping for all Centre events.
* Set up and monitor RTS Centre Awards entry forms on the BAFTA Nucleus portal for all regional centres and respond to applicant queries.
* Assist in general troubleshooting for any technical queries regarding the BAFTA Nucleus portal and other CMS.
* Assist in scheduling meetings and events for centres
* Take on role of technical lead on centre Zoom events (ad-hoc).
* Assist in general centre support when needed from events, to meetings, to general administrative support.
Essential Skills/ Personal attributes
Team player and collaborator
A good listener with strong integrity and sensibility
Motivated and dependable, with a strong work ethic
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Good telephone manner
Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Systems minded: proficient in Microsoft office and database management, and willing to learn more complex systems
Effective decision maker and problem solver who displays resourcefulness and initiative
Have a willingness to travel and interest in attending RTS events
Time management; punctuality, ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
Desirable skills/personable attributes
A genuine interest in television; film and related media.
A genuine passion for championing emerging talent and diversifying the television industry
Prior experience in CRM, booking and database management systems
Forward thinking, creativity and intelligence initiative in problem solving.
We practice a diverse and inclusive recruitment process that ensures equal opportunity for all we work with, irrespective of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. As an organisation, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and will ensure measures are met when required, to allow a fair process throughout.