Deputy Shift Manager – Nights
Location: Wimbledon, London
Shift Pattern: 5 nights out of 6 (40 hours per week)
Start Times: either 17:00 or 20:00
At Solstice we supply London’s top Restaurants, Hotels, Bars & Catering Companies with freshly prepared seasonal produce 6-days a week.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to recruit a Deputy Shift Manager – Nights at our Wimbledon facility, on a full-time basis.
The role will require the post holder to lead the team on shift to complete all orders on time, in full to the required safety and quality standards, whilst managing the team, including team leaders in multiple areas. You will be responsible for managing daily activities that support the overall site objectives by ensuring budgets, productivity rates and health & safety standards are met.
- Team member welfare, productivity and compliance to site rules.
- Daily order fulfilment on time and to the required standards.
- Maintaining BRCGS food quality and safety standards at all times.
- Support stock counting of all raw material (RM), work in progress (WIP) and finished goods (FG).
- To manage, develop and lead teams in the delivery of an operationally excellent production facility.
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activity in your area.
- Measure and deliver teams KPIs to achieve the financial elements within the business plan.
- Develop and manage performance and service level compliance to ensure agreed site SLA’s are achieved.
- Onboarding and training of new team members, training of existing team members.
- Ensure the safe and timely loading and unloading of delivery and collection vehicles.
- Ensure all stock of RM and FG is accurately processed using business systems and protocols – currently SAP based.
To be successful in your application, we are looking for:
- At least 2 years previous experience in a similar role (Essential).
- Previous experience working in a prepared Fruit and Vegetables setting (Essential).
- HACCP and Food Safety Management trained (Desirable).
- Ability to use a Counterbalance Forklift Truck (Desirable).
- Knowledge of fresh produce quality standards.
- Experience of working with stock management systems.
- Ability to delegate, remain in control and follow up issues as necessary.
- Ability to effectively allocate & maximise resource.
- Understanding of health and safety procedures.
- Flexible approach with the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Annual pay reviews
- 28 days paid annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme
- Retail Discount membership.
- Health Care Cash Plan membership.
- Further company tailored benefits achieved through service and commitment.
This is only a brief outline of the role of Deputy Shift Manager – Night’s. For more information or to apply for the role, please click on the link!
Solstice Limited is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.