We have an exciting opportunity for Customer Service Advisors to join our Customer Services team on a bank basis. This role is a based in our Head Office in Central London (NW1 4LJ), with a hybrid working model and fantastic salaries of £13.33 per hour.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located around Harley Street. We have approx. 1300 employees across 8 sites, where we cover a broad range of specialisms, including complex medical and surgical procedures and a comprehensive range of cancer and outpatient services.
The Customer Service Advisor will work as part of the Customer Service Team to ensure that all Consultant & Outpatient Appointments, Radiology Appointments, Inpatient, Day-case and Medical, Pre-assessment & Endoscopy bookings are processed, pre-authorised and means of payment identified and captured in readiness for the patient admission. They will also ensure that all customer enquiries are satisfactorily managed, resolved and closed within agreed timescales, whilst providing a first-class service to all stakeholders at all times.
- Job Type: Customer Service Advisor, supporting a variety of departments.
- Hours: Bank contracts (0 hour contracts) Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
- Salary: £13.33 per hour.
- Location: 1 Park Square West, London, NW1 4LJ (Baker Street and Regents Park stations) – this role will offer a hybrid working approach.
- Benefits package:
33 day’s annual leave (Inclusive of bank holidays).
- To process all requests for investigations, appointments and inpatient stays; ensuring they are accurately booked as requested onto the relevant clinical system, liaising closely with clinical teams.
- To accurately process all bookings onto the system and update all relevant teams including clinical wards, theatres of any special requirements, expected admissions, updates or urgent changes in readiness for patient admissions or cancellations to all teams for full visibility.
- Provide patients confirmation of their appointments, admission by post and email where applicable, sending “To Come In” packs containing our clinic information brochure, admission letters and other key information.
- To liaise with patients, insurers and sponsors to gain pre-authorisation, pre-verification and/or payment for treatment prior to admission using relevant systems and processes and for on-going treatment plan changes.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced, admin-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, working empathetically and to treat patients and colleagues with respect and dignity.
- Strong sense of patient focus, and delivering exceptional customer service in a healthcare setting.
- Strong IT skills, and experience with Microsoft Office package.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic’s main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, including a Hybrid theatre and two minimally invasive and day surgery theatres. Speciality areas include, General surgery; ENT; Gynae; Hepatobiliary; Neuro; Ophthalmic; Orthopaedic; Plastics; Robotic; Urology; Vascular & Bariatric surgery.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply – we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.