Do you have an interest in supporting adults with Mental Health conditions to live with less restriction and greater independence? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of these people? Are you looking for flexibility in your working hours with enhanced weekly pay?
Vetro Healthcare actively seeking Mental Health Support Workers to join our team to work in a facility is a 29 bedded unit secure locked unit. The service provides support to adults with complex mental health illness. The hospital provides high quality assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services are over 18’s with complex mental health needs, serious mental illnesses including treatment-resistant presentations, and challenging behaviour.
- Title: Mental Health Support Worker
- Location: Penarth
- Job Type: Flexible agency work and block bookings
- Shifts: Flexible pattern available, pick and choose the shifts you want every week 7:30AM – 8PM / 7:30PM – 8AM
- Pay: £11.09 per hour days and night shifts rising to £11.77 after 3 months work (including holiday pay) Bank holidays £16.63 except Chistmas and New Year which is £22.18 per hour
- Immediate starts available
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free food while on shift
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Vetro Mobile Booking App for communicating shift availability
- Support from an specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration – register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Vetro contributed pension
What you’ll be doing as a Mental Health Support Worker
You will be required to provide residential and therapeutic care to all patients, many of whom can present with significant cognitive problems, challenging behaviour and both physical and psychiatric comorbidities. Your day-to-day support will enable them to achieve greater independence and self-responsibility in preparation for stepping down to community placement and social integration. Working alongside the multidisciplinary team, you will work with respect and integrity to help deliver high quality treatment and rehabilitation to each of our patients, at every stage of their illness.
What you’ll need to be successful as a Mental Health Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for adults with Mental Health issues
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- At least 6 months experience of working within a healthcare setting
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- The right to work in the UK
Extra Training Needed:
? Mental Health & Learning Disability Awareness
? Medication Awareness
? Equality & Diversity
? Restraint Awareness
If you do not have the required training it is mandatory that you attend our specialist 3 day PMVA training course. This course usually costs £250 or more. We are able to offer this to you at a highly discounted price of £75! (We pay the remainder).
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Mental Health Support Worker role, then click the ‘apply’ button below
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.