Are you a Psychology Graduate with a true passion and talent for supporting children and young people with Autism?
Are you keen to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people, whilst building your own portfolio of experience and furthering your career within SEN?
One of the very best Primary Schools in Westminster are looking for an excellent and dedicated Graduate to join their inclusion team and work as an Autism Support Assistant starting from September through until July 2023!
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to gain practical and clinical experience working with KS1 and KS2 students on a 1:1 or small-group basis.
What you can expect as an Autism Support Assistant
– Your role as an Autism Support Assistant will be to support students with SEN, however the role will vary from day to day, you will be expected to use your initiative and respond calmly in challenging situation.
– For aspiring Teachers, Pastoral Workers, Child Psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, SALTs, Counsellors, and Social Workers, these positions will offer relevant and vital experience for your chosen career path.
– Continued Professional Development as a ASD Secondary Teaching Assistant – benefit from internal and external training courses.
– You will have an opportunity as an ASD Secondary Teaching Assistant to make a huge social impact as a specialist Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant.
A successful Autism Support Assistant will have
– First-Class or 2:1 Psychology-related degree is ideal.
– Passion for working with young people who require additional support in order to access education and social development.
– Ideally previous experience (formal or informal) supporting children with autism or other special educational needs.
– A proactive and positive individual who is always striving to meet children’s learning needs
– Ability to build rapport with children.
Ribbons & Reeves are London’s leading Education Recruiters. We specialise in helping educators of all level’s secure long-term and permanent roles, such as this Autism Support Assistant role, in Westminster. For other roles like this, check out our website, search ‘Ribbons & Reeves’. We look forward to supporting you in your application to this Autism Support Assistant.
Autism Support Assistant Westminster