Recruiting for Mental Health Support Workers x2 to join our Service in Tower Hamlets, Cannon Street Road!
£23,019.36 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
8am – 4pm
2pm – 10pm
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to join a busy, dynamic and engaging team working in Tower Hamlets. Support Workers enable people with particular needs to manage their tenancies and live independent lives of their choosing in the community and move towards greater independence by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package. The project has one high support building with 20 self contained flats, with additional communal space and a garden as well as two low support buildings with 19 self contained flats/bed-sits spread over two sites.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Adept use of Microsoft programmes and an ability and willing to learn how to use new recording and reporting software
– Experience working in Mental Health
– Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
– Psychology background
– First hand experience working with Mental Health
– Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
– Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
– Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
– Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
– Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living e.g. budgeting, cooking, establishing a night time routine
– Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene
– Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
– Managing customer referrals, completing assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
– Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
– Approachable and open behaviour
– Prefers working as part of a group or team
– Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
– Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
– Open to feedback and self development
– Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
– Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
– Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
– Is essentially customer-focused
– Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
– Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
This role requires a valid Right to Work for the UK as Look Ahead are not a sponsoring organisation’
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2021. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds