Do you have an interest in supporting adults with learning disabilities to enable them to lead a more independent life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of these people?
Vetro Social Care is actively seeking experienced Learning disabilities support workers to work within an award-winning service located in the outskirts of Abertillery. The service is a bespoke specialist service for up to 7 residents who are aged 18 and upwards with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs. You will be assisting residents through a care pathway to help them live as independently as possible.
A driver’s licence is essential as it would be an element of supporting residents in the community, such as taking them swimming, Trampolining, Blowling etc. so access to your own vehicle would be required.
- Title: Adults Learning Disability Support Worker
- Location: Abertillery
- Job Type: Full-time
- Shifts: 7:45AM – 8:15PM / 7:45PM -8:15AM
- Pay: £11.09 per hour (including holiday pay)
- Immediate starts available
- Potential for temp to perm
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Vetro Mobile Booking App for communicating shift availability
- Support from a specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration – register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Vetro contributed pension
What you’ll be doing as a Adults Learning Disability Support Worker
You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs which includes observing, monitoring, and keeping a record of patient conditions, treating each person with dignity, compassion, and honesty. You will be helping with their Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible. You will have the support of a team of multi-professionals.
What you’ll need to be successful as a Learning disabilities support worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for adults with Learning disabilities
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- At least 6 months experience of working within a social care setting
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- UK Drivers License
- The right to work in the UK
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Learning disabilities support worker role, then click the ‘apply’ button below
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.