We are looking for an ambitious lawyer of around 1-3 years’ PQE to join our global legal team (current team of three).
The role will provide an exciting and varied mixture of work with a focus on corporate and commercial work, including working alongside the team on transactional M&A projects, M&A integration work, general corporate advisory and commercial contracting for our clients and important suppliers. You may even be asked from time to time to provide advice to other areas of the business such as on employment matters. You will ideally join us from a firm or in house and have at least 1 years’ post-qualification experience.
Your main responsibilities:
M&A and Corporate
- Provide transactional support on digital media related M&A deals including running a legal due diligence process (working closely with external counsel and internal teams), drafting and negotiating deal documentation and general deal management.
- Running M&A integration legal work including working with acquired entities to ensure that their contracting processes are fully integrated (reviewing and updating existing templates), assisting with contract transfers, entity management and brand management.
- Provide general corporate support relating to shareholder and company administration, board processes and entity management.
- Provide corporate support when expanding internationally.
- Help advise on share plan matters.
- Play an active role in overseeing aspects of our brand and trademark portfolio, working closely with internal stakeholders and external counsel.
- Support our new business and commercial teams on client contracting, including updating our standard form agreements and processes.
- Help us keep our clients happy and enable us to sign contracts quickly by taking sensible and pragmatic negotiation positions.
- Contribute to the iteration and enhancement of internal playbooks to help guide the business when reviewing legal agreements.
Help us build our legal function
- We are a relatively small team in a fast paced and growing global business, so we need to constantly re-think how we do things. We are therefore looking for someone to help us iterate and improve our legal processes over time to ensure we can empower the business to move quickly, whilst managing risk. You will have the opportunity to help build the foundations of the team end to end.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth, private equity backed, global business and take on high quality work as part of a small team.
What’s in it for you?
- An adaptive working policy which means you can be fully office-based or a balance of both office and remote
- 27 days paid holiday, 8 days (optional) unpaid holiday, 3 paid charity days, plus bank holidays
- Option to change your religious holidays
- Super-enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Health & dental insurance
- Wellness subsidy
- Free food all day in the office, which includes lunch
- Dogs welcomed
- We also plant a tree for all new Brainlabbers!
Brainlabs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace: we are committed to equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the application process, please let us know when speaking with a member of the Recruitment Team.