London Gatwick Airport, Horley
- Job Type/Function:
Aviation & Travel
- Closing Date:
27 November 2022
- Contract Type:
- Total number of weekly/annual hours:
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Shift Manager – FOH
Location: London Gatwick Airport
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift pattern: Rotational
Criminal Check required: No
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Strong management qualities with a big presence, whilst maintaining the qualities of a great people manager
- Confident in delivery of DHL HR practices including chairing meetings up to and including dismissal.
- Understanding of the operation as a whole to help trouble shoot the daily challenges
- Delivering front line presence from bag drop to the AC pushback
- Line management of Pier leads
- Safety oversight and reporting is our number one priority
- Data collation with quality briefing/de-briefing of shifts in their performance
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Experience within an airline and/or Ground Handling operational
- Ability to stay calm and patient under pressure
- Computer literate with understanding of Microsoft applications
- Able to assimilate information, determine priorities and make decisions based on sound judgement
- Knowledge of all relevant operational and customer service process and procedures in addition to standard airline ground operating procedural awareness
- Good team player
Security Process to work within Aviation and Travel at DHL
- Be able to provide 5 years address history
- Be able to provide 5 years reference history (employment/education/benefit claim/character)
- To obtain a full airside ID
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and give you access to our Private Medical Insurance through AXA Health. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
Our approach to Diversity and Inclusion
As a global company, we see the diversity of our employees as a genuine strength. A strength that we will only really leverage if we ensure that our employees sincerely feel that they can bring their true selves to work every day.
We’re committed to attracting the best possible person for every vacancy irrespective of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Shift Manager – FOH job in Horley, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally