Serve Talent are working with a successful Engineering business that are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their growing team.
The position requires a communicative, enthusiastic & skilled individual to work with stakeholders to deliver a diverse portfolio of projects, facilitating key project success criteria inclusive of contractual, legislative & business targets. Operating as the crucial focal point for multiple projects most commonly delivered under NEC3 contracts, this position requires the strong understanding of project critical path analysis & risk management, marshalling events, activities & resources to achieve milestones, deliverables & key dates.
Monitoring & reporting contractual & commercial status to stakeholders is an essential requirement of the post necessitating excellent communication, analytical and commercial skills.
The Role Responsibilities:
- Based on the NEC3 contract (or an internally approved variant) assume project leadership for assigned projects.
- Communicate effectively as the focal point for all stakeholders, possessing strong interpersonal communication skills to interact professionally & purposefully with internal & external personnel.
- Managing a diverse & broad portfolio of projects, deliver assigned projects on time & to cost.
- Develop inhouse knowledge of products & processes, embedding within the process & procedural frameworks to inform decision making & contribute toward developments.
- Champion internal process development, identifying & removing waste / non-value-added activities.
- Provide direction to internal project stakeholders as a champion for project needs, ensuring key success criteria is being met & customer service maintains at a high-level.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Business Assurance Standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record keeping & procedures.
- Attend customer’s sites whenever required, upholding the Company’s Culture & Values.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 2 years previous professional experience of Project Management or Project Engineering.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness within a Project-related environment and include demonstrable experience in the following areas: Project management; Project change management; Budgetary management; Procurement & Collaborative/partnership working.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Strong IT skills – able to work with digital systems & utilise Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Project effectively.
- (Desirable) 5 years’ Project Management or Project Engineering experience ideally in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- (Desirable) Familiar with the NEC3 suite of contracts.
- (Desirable) Project Management training such as Prince II/APM.
- (Desirable) Knowledge and experience of the UK Municipal Water Sector.
- Educated to a minimum of a HNC (or equivalent) in engineering or science discipline, however candidates with considerable transferable experience without the above qualification requirement will be considered.
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays)
- Share save scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Life Assurance at 3 times your salary
- Formalised paid absence scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health scheme & direct policy to promote wellbeing policy (including Mental Health First Aiders).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Company events
- Access to a suite of learning & development opportunities.
- Training up to degree level (& beyond where strategic).
- Referral Scheme
- Birthday gift scheme (for every employee).
- Outstanding contribution award scheme (target: quarterly & annually)
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Project Manager job in Norwich, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally