Would you like to make a difference and be part of a growing, innovative business that offers all the scope you need to build a successful career? Would you like to work for a company with a fresh, dynamic, and vibrant approach in a historically traditional sector? If you answered ‘Yes,’ we would love to hear from you.
We’re Aldermore Bank, the award-winning bank that supports customers with specialist mortgages, savings accounts, and business finance solutions. Launching in 2009, we have made a name for ourselves as the ‘new’ British bank offering. We are looking for people like you to work alongside people guided by the company’s values of a diverse, dynamic, and vibrant company. We are at our best and enjoy our work most when we leverage diversity and pull together as one team.
This is a rewarding role where you can genuinely help our residential and early commercial mortgage arrears customers, finding the best possible outcomes whilst complying with regulation and internal policy. The role will involve, but not be limited to, you performing the following:
- To professionally collect and recover arrears and manage cases in default whilst adhering to all Collections policies and procedures
- Supporting our vulnerable customers and providing an empathic approach to their sensitive and unique situations
- Building a trusted relationship with our customers to review options for repayment
- Be a team player within both the Collections team and the broader Mortgages team of Aldermore Bank, supporting the business as a whole to deliver growth and other targets
- Assessment and resolution of customer arrears, providing recommendations on longer-term recovery strategies
Please Note: You will be able to split your working week between home and the Manchester Office, allowing you to have the work-life balance you need.
To apply for this post, we are looking for the following:
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service through all communication channels, e.g., telephone, email, letters
- To be able to demonstrate resilience when having challenging conversations
- Experience working in a regulated environment is essential (knowledge of mortgage conduct of business rules/collections would be even better, but not a must-have). Sales experience within a regulated environment would also be a tremendous transferable skill!
- A good team player with a track record of working within a dynamic team and continuously looking for improvement
As you’d expect, we offer a competitive basic salary, and in return for your hard work and commitment to working for Aldermore, you will receive some fantastic benefits: –
- Annual leave – 30 days to use how you like.
- A friendly and flexible culture.
- Comfortable working environment, well located for the daily commute and those lunchtime errands.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean, and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, for which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A visible and approachable ExCo; whom you will likely bump into while making your morning coffee.
- Competitive company stakeholder pension scheme
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption scheme
- Financial rewards – Discretionary bonus scheme, company car/car Allowance (depending on band and role), cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers, and high street/online retail discounts
- Private Medical Insurance (depending on band) and healthcare
- Fantastic and engaging company events
And much, much more! Our benefits package doesn’t just recognise your hard work and talent; it enhances and supports your lifestyle, health, and well-being in and out of work.
By applying today, you can kickstart our fantastic onboarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this fantastic organisation. Find your next great job and adventure; build your career with us today!
Please note: We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Aldermore is an equal opportunities employer., which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts, and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Aldermore works in a trusted partnership and is supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited with recruitment. Brook Street will access information collected from you concerning your application under a strict duty of confidentiality, and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you about any application made.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Collections Advisor job in Manchester, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally