Maintenance Handyperson (Buildings)
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Maintenance Handyperson based at Oxford Brookes University.
This is a full time post which is 37 hours, typically Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm, but Oxford Brookes is supportive of flexible working, part time working and job sharing. Applicants who would like to have a working arrangement like this are encouraged to apply for this post.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job, but we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you are excited about working for us, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need.
Maintenance Handyperson Role Responsibilities
- To carry out planned, preventative and reactive mechanical, electrical and building controls & systems services maintenance across the University’s Estate.
Maintenance Handyperson Role Requirements
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent; City and Guilds or NVQ2 qualification in an appropriate trade or a recognised apprenticeship in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent qualification, or qualified through proven practical experience in a related discipline.
- Previous experience of and proven technical competence in mechanical or electrical services maintenance.
Oxford Brookes University has over 150 years of history.
We started out as a small School of Art in borrowed teaching rooms and have grown into one of the UK’s top modern universities with a local, national and international reputation for teaching and research excellence.
Why should you apply?
- Up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days)
- A generous Local Government pension scheme (14.4% Employer contribution rate)
- Cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities).
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You’ll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Buildings Team for our Estates and Campus Services Department.
The University has adopted equity, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications for the post of Carpenter from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce, LGBTQ+ candidates and candidates with disabilities. Applicants with a disability can be reassured that Oxford Brookes is a Disability Confident employer . As a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.