Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Leicester, UK – working from home options available
Compensation: £25,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46672
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Finance Assistant at our Radar Road site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Finance Assistant role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we’re innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group – from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new Finance Assistant will make
As a Finance Assistant you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This role will be supporting a wider team of management accountants, as well as supporting the business in making payment collections in a timely manner, to allow the business to plan properly with involvement in overhead management.
Day to day, you’ll be focused on providing a financial service to multiple Business units across Cavendish Nuclear. You’ll support project accountants in delivery of accurate, timely accounting records and reporting outputs.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1 day in the office/onsite and 4 days working from home.
* Someone seeking progression and wants to learn
* Excellent numeracy, investigation and financial problem-solving skills
* Experience of working within an Accounts function or project finance team
* SAP experience
* AAT qualification
* Degree in Accounting or Finance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 7.5% of salary, with life assurance
* Loyalty Recognition
* Profession membership subscriptions – Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 07/11/202