Flogas is recruiting a Regulatory Affairs Administrator to join our Regulatory Compliance team who are responsible for ensuring all consumer protection and regulatory compliance requirements are met within our Flogas and Budget Energy business units in the Republic and North of Ireland.
This role will be based in our Budget Energy Offices in Derry and will require some travel to our head office in Drogheda.
Please note this is an initial one-year fixed term contract.
Main areas of responsibility
- Assist the Regulatory Affairs team with the gathering of paperwork, information and documentation for the filing of regulatory compliance returns
- Assist the Regulatory Affairs team with the completion of internal audits and spot checks on various organisational functions
- Assist with the review of changes in assigned regulatory compliance obligations and actively participate in internal discussions relating to roll out of required changes
- Train alongside the regulatory compliance team to become a Regulatory Compliance subject matter expert with particular emphasis on consumer protection and regulation to allow for assistance to the organisational teams on higher risk issues and project planning
- Complete review checks on emails, telephone calls for quality assurance on Regulatory compliance matters
- Review and assist in the preparation of customer facing documents/contracts and policies
- Attend and act as a company representative as required industry forums and workshops.Taking appropriate notes at such meetings to relay information and actions back to the relevant organisational departments
- Assist in the review and completion of complex complaints and correspondence with CCNI and UR on Complaints as required
- Additional duties as required.
Education: Leaving Cert & third level qualification is essential
- Energy industry experience would be advantageous
- Direct experience working with regulators or governance control boards
- Legal background/ strong legal understanding
Role specific (technical) knowledge / skills:
- Strong regulation and compliance background
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage time and priorities
- Keen attention to detail, capable of analysing legislation and highlighting relevant trends
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with all levels of the business
- Good IT, business process and numerical analysis skills including MS Office, Excel, Powerpoint
Flogas is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.