We are actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone
Role: Maintenance Electrician
Location: Birmingham (mainly Birmingham, but to cover nationally as and when required
Salary/Package: To £32,000 (DOE), plus vehicle and company benefits
SCC is Europe’s largest privately-owned IT business, based out of the new £7m HQ office in Birmingham and we help clients succeed through IT transformation and exceptional customer experiences. We are a business where innovation is greater as we combine unique ideas, people and disciplines. We are a global company that is passionate about IT and where we look to simplify the complex.
Currently we have a new opportunity available, for a proven maintenance electrician, to work predominately in our Birmingham, but with some national travel as required, to work within a small but experienced team, completing general maintenance around SCC sites.
- Ensure that electrical repairs and maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with the schedules and procedures
- Work closely with H&S and Security to co-ordinate maintenance activities
- Undertake a wide spectrum of duties such as install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems, fault finding, emergency light testing, general maintenance, office moves, furniture moves, fabric & mechanical tasks
- Jobs will vary and cover all trades inclusive of but not limited to; roofing, carpentry, decorating, plumbing etc
- Previous experience working in commercial properties e.g. offices, industrial sites etc.
- Competent electrician, with proven commercial experience
- Complex problem solving and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Flexible with regards to working time and prepared to undertake overtime as necessary
- Basic plumbing experience and knowledge is beneficial as is competence in multiple trades
- Able to work at heights (IPAF & PASMA desirable)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety & safe working practices, including maintaining own risk assessments
This role does require work on weekends as and when required (prior notice will be given)
- An inclusive workplace
- Excellent package: solid basic and company benefits
- Hybrid working in line with role requirements
- Career development and life-long learning opportunities
- Opportunity to join Europe’s largest privately-owned IT Company
We are an equal opportunities employer
SCC is committed to providing equal opportunities and a proactive and inclusive approach to equality and diversity in employment. No applicant or employee will be treated less favourably than another on the grounds of a protected characteristic which are defined as sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender reassignment, trade union membership or non-membership, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race and religion or belief.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Maintenance Electrician job in West Bromwich, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally