Job Title: Senior Estimator
Location: Plymouth, UK – This role provides hybrid working with 1-2 days working from home and the rest on site, this is subject to change.
Compensation: £39,408.00 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47814
The difference our new Senior Estimator will make
As a Senior Estimator, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. We are looking for a Senior Estimator to join our Submarine Business Unit, as a key member of our established, but developing estimating team. In return, you will be part of an exciting transformation across our project management and project control’s function, driving world class project delivery performance
Day to day, you’ll be responsible for the management and co-ordination of a team of Functional Estimators in the production of multi-disciplined Labour estimates. These estimates will be derived from Work Specification, Drawings and Site (boat) visits, and your leadership and team outputs will be key to the successful delivery of Submarine contracts and the capture of additional or emergent work required during the Project Execution Phase of our Submarine maintenance projects.
You will also be responsible for the management and co-ordination of a team of Functional Estimators in the production of multi-disciplined Labour estimates.
These estimates will be derived from Work Specification, Drawings and Site (boat) visits, and your leadership and team outputs will be key to the successful delivery of Submarine contracts and the capture of additional or emergent work required during the Project Execution Phase of our Submarine maintenance projects.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working with 1-2 days working from home and the rest on site, this is subject to change.
* Educated to HNC level (or recognised equivalent in Project Management or Project Controls).
* Strong leadership and team development skills
* Previous team management experience
* Demonstrable evidence of having worked in a relevant project or estimating capacity
* A working knowledge of Work Measurement, Cost Estimating, Cost and Data Analysis, Cost modelling and Assurance
* We will need you to have an analytical approach to your work
* The ability to interpret written engineering specifications and technical drawings
* Be able to formulate costs and relate these to actual activities across trades
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme – save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance – £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 8th November 2022