Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager
Location – Midlands, Birmingham
Permanent, Full time (Part time considered)
Are you interested in contributing to the evolution of Health and Wellbeing in construction? Can you change the consideration of occupational health and realign the focus to be a priority? Then our position for Occupational Health & Wellbeing Manager could be for you.
Can you help to push the boundaries of how risk is managed along with best practice being implemented? Do you have a track record of installing occupational health excellence? You would join a team of professionals that can work in fast-paced site environments. Developing policy and practice as well as providing knowledge of legislation.
Due to the size of a prestigious rail project in the Midlands area you will be based on location with the project. This will help you to monitor the effect of work based activities on occupational health. Can you lead the implementation of occupational health plans? Are you able to develop, manage and review project health management plans? Can you lead the implementation of occupational health plans?
What responsibilities will you have?
- Proactively consider the effect of work activities to implement measures that will remove, reduce and control health risks
- Overseeing and ensuring workplace teams have adequate competency to assess work related health risks
- Assurance reporting on supply chain OH&W plans and ensuring the supply chain are competent in assessing occupational health risks.
- Maintain a health surveillance programme, helping with early identification and intervention
- Support managers in managing employee restrictions, ensuring appropriate working arrangements and reasonable adjustments
- Working with the Laing O’Rourke Occupational Health team and health providers
- Highlight occupational health services available to employees
- Provide assistance and advice to Health and Safety teams
- Facilitate and coach operational teams on occupational health risks
Can you be an ambassador for the Laing O’Rourke occupational health strategy? Can you support and influence project teams to deliver the skills required in occupational health? Then we need you in this role.
What other skills and knowledge will you use?
- Qualification in Community Public Health Nursing, Occupational Health or similar to NMC part 3.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health Risk Management
- Good practical knowledge of OH&W and delivery of OH&W programmes
- Ideally qualified or understand Health and safety policies
Laing O’Rourke can be flexible on but due to site travel someone based in and around Birmingham would be preferable. The role will offer a platform to communicate with teams and really change the perception and ‘Normal’ for OH&W.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Occupational Health and Wellbeing Manager job in Birmingham, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally