Robert Half are recruiting an Assistant Accountant for a Newport based manufacturing business. Our client is looking to hire a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual, who wants to be part of a growing team. You will need the desire to learn on the job, in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. As the Assistant Accountant you will undertake bank postings and reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable activities in addition to assisting with the month end reporting process.
The position is paying between £13 – £15 per hour (+ holiday pay) and is initially for 2-3 months however could become permanent for the successful candidate.
This position is to start ASAP.
- Bank reconciliations
- Purchase ledger
- Payment Runs
- Updating the Accounts Payable ledger daily
- Working closely with suppliers and other areas of the business to determine pricing
- Supplier statements reconciliations
- Processing all employee expenses
- Posting sales invoices daily
- Allocating customer receipts to the correct sales invoices
- Accrual and prepayment preparations for month end
- Archiving all invoices onto the system
- IT literate, including Microsoft Office, and most importantly advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience of working with high volumes of data
- Experience working in a similar position previously
- The ability to prioritise, multi task and cope with interruptions whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your own initiative
- £13 – £15 per hour + holiday pay
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Assistant Accountant job in Newport, Wales, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally