Job title: Senior Engineering manager
Job Type: Permanent
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: TBC
Salary/ Pay rate/ Benefits: £45k-63K
Location: Able to get to Harwell
Hours of work: 37hrs Mon-Fri
Applicants must have experience of the following:
* Good first degree in engineering subject.
* Chartered membership or fellowship status of relevant professional institute.
* Nationally recognised senior practitioner within own engineering discipline.
* Experience of systems engineering and management of contracts for safety integrated engineering design development.
* Detailed understanding of aspects of GDF and / or transport system within own technical discipline.
* Demonstrated ability to represent in regulatory, commercial, professional and stakeholder environments.
* Responsible for leading and acting as Intelligent Client for engineering design services in the appropriate systems engineering technical disciplines.
* Intelligent Customer and/or Technical lead for engineering input to disposability assessments, siting and engagement activities in accordance with company procedures.
* Responsible for leading as Design Authority for appropriate aspects of the GDF systems design and transport system.
* Leading the companies approach to the systems engineering to develop integrated safe design of the GDF and transport system.
* Responsible for ensuring that the impact of safety, environmental and other requirements of the safety assessments are translated effectively into an understanding of requirements for engineered systems.
* Responsible for obtaining design solutions through the supply chain that satisfy the requirements of the established by the Requirements and Programme function.
* Contributes to the development of the engineering programme and engineering input to siting and engagement activities.
* Responsible for mentoring and provision of professional guidance to Engineering Managers and ensuring that they achieve and maintain appropriate professional standards and qualifications.
* Develops the engineering design programme in own areas and supports the Head of Engineering by contributing to the development of the overall programme for engineering design.
* Understands how international radioactive waste management organisations have developed design solutions and their applicability to the geological disposal systems.
* Manages risks associated with the delivery of the work programme, with accountability for their assessment and mitigation.
* Own performance, including self development.
* Health, wellbeing and inclusivity.
* Manage own workload, including time and delivery management.
* In addition, he/she will undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required.
* Staff will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions, in an inclusive and diverse environment.
Interested in this position? please click “apply now”
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion’s approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.