Job Title: 2nd Line Application Support Analyst
Location: Bristol, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £30,000 – £ 35,221 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 41994
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a 2nd Line Helpdesk at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The 2nd Line Helpdesk role is based within our Digital Services business area.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
The difference our new 2nd Line Helpdesk will make
As a 2nd Line Helpdesk, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will provide 1st and 2nd level software support primarily for the Maritime CWE environment and associated infrastructure based in Bristol.
Day to day, you’ll carry out incident management (receipt, diagnosis and subsequent fixing of faults), problem management (providing workarounds for users and undertaking root cause analysis), contribute to the provision of Service Management reporting requirements, new account set up, password resets and licence management, database manipulation (includes updates, inserts, queries and scripting) on both Oracle and SQL and configuration of new and existing Oracle Webcentre communities.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based Onsite in Bristol.
* A recent IT graduate or Application Support Analyst with demonstrable experience.
* SQL / Oracle database knowledge
* Familiar with Helpdesk software
* Can use their own discretion in resolving problems within their domain
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
* SQL / Oracle database knowledge
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme – save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Employment development allowance – £125 per year
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
Appointment to this post is subject to National Security conditions governed by the Ministry Of Defence. You must be a British born, British national (not dual national) to apply for this role.
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 10/11/2022