Job Title: Semi-Skilled Stores Operative
Location: Leicester, UK – Onsite
Compensation: Competitive + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47430
Amplify your impact
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Semi-Skilled Stores Operative at our Whetstone site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Semi-Skilled Stores Operative role is based within our Mission Systems business area
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Semi-Skilled Stores Operative will make
As a Semi-Skilled Stores Operative you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This is an important role providing essential support for the build of high integrity products for the Defence Industry. The successful individual will be working in a highly effective team where maintaining high standards of quality are required for the type of equipment produced.
Day to day, you’ll assemble small batches of non-complex assemblies to help support monthly production targets and provide semi-skilled support under the guidance of skilled technicians on more complex assemblies. You’ll assist, where necessary, with tasks involved in the general operation of the facility i.e., workshop organisation, transport, and maintenance of equipment and take delivery of equipment onto site and register the arrival in the company business management system (BMS). You’ll physically locate equipment in the stores facility, concentrate equipment detailed in shop order picklists and pack and dispatch equipment from site and manage associated documentation.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based Onsite at Leicester.
* Previous support experience in a manufacturing or engineering service environment
* Can demonstrate practical experience of stock control
* A reasonable standard of education. 5 GCSEs, preferably grade 3 for Maths and English
* Manual handling
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 01/11/2022