*PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE*
Registered General Nurse – Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Job type: Permanent and BANK opportunities, day or night shifts available
Contract hours: Up to 39 hours per week, overtime available, subject to availability
Shift pattern example: 8am – 8pm or 8pm – 8am. Monday to Sunday rota, including alternate weekends.
St Pauls Care Centre, is an 88 bedded care home with friendly team where you are sure to always receive a warm welcome. We support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs and the home is located within a delightful residential area in Hemel Hempstead, just a short walk away from the town centre and with access to the main bus routes.
Westgate Healthcare is a family-run, award-winning care home group and we are incredibly proud of our inspected care homes that are rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC.
Benefits at Westgate Healthcare:
We’re only as good as our team, so, we strive to help them be the best they can be and we make sure they are well rewarded. The exact package depends on your role, but below you’ll see the sort of benefits we offer:
- Up to £22 per hour + handover
- Free DBS check
- Free uniform
- Paid induction and training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Rewards (cash payments) for ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme – sharing is caring!
- Free Eye Test (for qualifying Staff)
- Paid Nurse PIN renewal
- Paid 28 days holiday entitlement
- Rewards for employee of the month
- Awards for long service – up to £1,250
- Free staff wellness fund
- Free snacks for staff
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Look after the physical, psychological and social needs of our residents
- Support the Home Manager to effectively implement policies and procedures and ensure they are upheld at all times
- Ensure that the residents have access to key medical, social and other care workers as requiredHave full knowledge of and take responsibility to ensure adherence to infection control policies and procedures of the Department of Health and the Company at all times
- Work in line with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines, NMC code of conduct and relevant legislation at all times
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Recognised qualification as Registered Nurse
- Valid and current NMC registration and PIN
- Good written communication skills and the ability to lead a team
- A compassionate and flexible work ethic
Please note: We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we receive suitable applications, therefore, an early submission of application is encouraged. Applications are reviewed on a weekly basis; interviews are arranged to suit on an ‘as and when required’ basis. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Westgate Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.