Long Term Work at Household Name. Onsite Parking, Great Team , Lovely working environment £14.25 per hour.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will have a specific focus on supporting the Laboratory Supervisor in the following:
* Responsible for the maintenance and organization of the laboratory / stock raw materials.
* Assist and support Development team in the delivery of new products.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPI’s
* Responsible for the lab organization. Ensures labeling, materials and fixtures (accessories) are in place, correct and of appropriate grade.
* Responsible for the good order in the laboratory, the use of equipment, cleaning and schedules, quality systems and procedures / processes.
* Conduct key equipment calibrations daily in readiness for development work.
* To liaise with the contract companies to ensure adequate cleaning, maintenance and waste disposal procedures are in place and followed.
* Creates, maintains and monitors de lab cleaning and equipment maintenance schedules.
* Liaises with suppliers to ensure adequate stock rotation and record the incoming materials for traceability.
* Maintains the records of ingredients, processes and procedures for full traceability of all products.
* Conducts all work with good laboratory practice.
* With the support of the line manager, writes and reviews procedures, instructions and guidelines relevant for the daily work in the lab.
* Assist and support the continuous improvement of the NPD organization, processes and WOW
* Reports any significant variation and faults to the area owner and line manager.
* Proactively identifies areas for improvement within the lab.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Technical education or Bachelor of Science in a food-related science field (Food Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or Agricultural Engineering).
Demonstrated laboratory skills, within food/beverage setting would be advantageous.
Key competencies and skills
* Basic Knowledge of R&D process.
* Support Scientists on all assigned roles and responsibilities.
* Know and follow good laboratory practices.
* Ability to organize all the different tasks relevant to the NPD process and laboratory performance.
* Basic Knowledge of the different aspects of beverage design and manufacture.
* Seek continuous improvement.
* Accurate, persistent, organized and able to manage workload.
* Language skills: English at minimum conversation level.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Lab Technician job in Uxbridge, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally