Job Title: Welder
Location: Bristol, UK
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Shift Allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF46068
Help us make the world a safer place
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Welder at our Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Welder role is based within our Mission Systems business area
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Welder will make
As a Welder you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will be working in a small but highly effective team where the highest of standards will be expected from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
Day to day
* Welding of large high strength, quenched and tempered Steel assemblies for the defence industry.
* Welding of assemblies used for lifting and handling in the defence industry.
* Welds are subject to full NDT including volumetric Ultrasonic and radiographic examination.
* Welding using manual, mechanised and automatic (Robotic) welding processes
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
* Time served apprenticeship or similar in welding/fabrication
* Evidence of previously held codings to recognised European/American standards
* Working to high quality standards.
* Capable of reading complex fabrication drawings.
* Experience of positional welding using FCAW and solid Wire pulse MAG is essential.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Welder job in Bristol, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally