At MoneyPlus you’ll be joining a firm that will strive to support you and help you achieve your goals and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally, but we’ll ensure you have fun along the way.
Why do we need you?
As a Team Leader you will lead our pre-litigation department. Most of this role is the day-to-day leadership including management and developing the pre-litigation team, performance management, and supporting with client engagement.
There will be an opportunity to assist with the day to day running of key projects that will support the legal department as a whole. You will also ensure that all appraisals are carried out and your team is motivated and inspired to meet and exceed KPIs.
What’s in it for you?
Working at MoneyPlus, you’ll have access to;
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies, constantly striving to achieve more and support our customers and people.
- We are Investors in People Gold accredited, meaning that we take people practices and development seriously.
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone. With regular fun activities and ‘dress down Fridays’, we’re always looking to deliver more for our local community.
- Work perks a plenty, from a Medicash health plan – inclusive of 24/7 access to mental health support, everyday healthcare and treatments, cashback on glasses and more, to company-wide freebies, discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership
- Our very own on-site café with delicious curated weekly menus, serving subsidised meals. We also have a central tea point where you can top up on tea, coffee, and fresh fruit anytime. Free healthy breakfast is offered throughout the week.
- We are situated at a riverside office location close to the city centre with excellent transport links. We are a 2-minute walk away from buses to the centre, only a 7-minute walk away from Spinningfields and a 15-minute walk to St Peters square Metrolink or Piccadilly gardens.
- A highly positive, fun, and synergetic company culture with seasonal social events, and celebrations and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
What do we need from you?
- To lead a dynamic Team which is an integral part of MoneyPlus Legal as a whole.
- Each day is about prioritising tasks and ensuring strong organisational skills are applied to manage workloads effectively.
- You will need to motivate the team to hit daily, weekly and monthly targets and KPIs.
- Identify and remedy any performance issues to ensure help levels of productivity is key.
- Liaise with external business partners, third party contractors and lenders to achieve progression of pre-litigation matters and ensure the case management system is kept up to date.
- Provide essential reports with management information for the Head of Legal and CEO.
What are the key activities?
- On a day-to-day basis, act as the main point of contact for all pre-litigation team members, communicating deadlines and goals to pre-litigation team members.
- Always adopt a hands-on approach to enable maximum efficiency, assisting management with hiring processes and new team member training.
- Provide encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for training or skill checks.
- Conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- Generate and share comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, and deadlines.
- Overall accountability for the delivery of key targets and KPI metrics and overcome any potential barriers to achieving targets.
- Manage individual, team and department performance against all relevant KPIs, quality measures and regulatory expectations.
- Oversee procedures, processes and policies and ensuring these are being driven throughout the team and adhered to.
- Act as a role model at all times through embodying the MPL Values, Dream Big, Work Together and Be Human.
- Work as an effective member of the wider management team, actively collaborating with colleagues internally and external to the department.
- Adopt and encourage a culture of continuous improvement, seeking out opportunities to improve the customer experience.
- Obtain a good understanding of the regulations and requirements needed within the department.
- To frequently provide accurate MI and commentary on team performance as well as financial and commercial information to Legal Manager and/or Head of Legal and CEO.
- Manage, monitor and maintain key pre-litigation team processes such as Data Subject Access Requests and Letters of Claim.
- Be a point of contact for business queries on pre-litigation matters.
Are you ready to join us?
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest and most trusted financial solutions companies and with over 20 years’ experience, we’re firmly established in the sector. We strongly believe in providing the best quality advice and will go out of our way to do so. We need you to help us achieve our goals, are you ready to join us?