Job Title: Security Specialist
Location: Bristol, UK – Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47722
You’re the key
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Security Specialist at our Bristol site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Security Specialist role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Security Specialist will make
As a Security Specialist, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary where you will be key in providing a high level of professional security support to all business functions across Mission Systems and will collaborate on wider security matters across Babcock Group.
Day to day, you’ll ensure that all security requirements are met by the business and are compliant with Babcock Policy, provide support and ensure compliance to Prime Contract obligations in accordance with Delegated Authority approval and Security process requirements, directly support bid teams across the business and providing timely security processes to promote business winnings.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 3 days in the office/onsite and 2 days working from home.
* Qualified to Degree level or equivalent in a related subject.
* Appropriate ILM certificate.
* ISO27001 Lead Auditor / Implementer.
* A thorough working knowledge of all aspects of the Security Policy Framework / GOV S007as well as JSP 440 and JSP 628.
* Good practical understanding of the general requirements necessary to maintain compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
* Good knowledge of security risk management practices and the identification, implementation and monitoring of current risk mitigation techniques and processes.
* A thorough working knowledge of the JSP 490 and associated COMSEC requirements.
* Experience of producing accurate security risk assessments and being able to recommend proportionate mitigations and solutions to risk and vulnerabilities.
* Experience of supporting security bid requirements and developing security processes in transition t bid to contract.
* SC Clearance needed. Can start on BBPS. ITAR implicated
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.