The Diabetes UK Conference team works to deliver a leading annual healthcare professional conference which educates attendees on the latest developments and research in the field of diabetes. In addition, the team supports the delivery of 3 smaller external facing conferences each year (Renal, Pregnancy, Type 1 and Tech). This post will work closely with the Senior Commercial Conference Manager to maximise income across the conferences. In particular developing and selling the Exhibition offer to corporates (predominantly in the pharmaceutical field). The role will also have responsibility for some smaller sponsorship relationships, and ‘contra’ sales relationships. The postholder will work closely with the Sponsorship and Exhibition Organiser, who has responsibility for implementing the operational delivery of all contracted packages to a high standard.
We have a friendly and inclusive working environment here at Diabetes UK and are proud of our ‘Connected Working’ framework which allows great flexibility in the way that we work. This means that you can balance your working time between home and the office, subject to the needs of your role of course. We do not dictate the number of days you have to attend the office.
Closing Date: Thursday 10th November 2022
Interview date: TBC
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren’t available until you’ve passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
The Conference Sales Coordinator will act as the primary contact for a broad range of corporates, selling exhibition packages, smaller sponsorship packages, and contra packages. You will work with the Senior Commercial Conference Manager to deliverer growth in income across all conferences, supporting high-value sponsorship relationships where appropriate. You will enjoy prospecting and developing relationships with corporates new to Diabetes UK – supporting growth in income as well as working closely and flexibly with other members of the Conferences Team to ensure that all corporate opportunities are delivered to a high standard. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large scale healthcare conference that is award winning and respected in the association/not for profit conference sector.
As our Conference Sales Coordinator, you will demonstrate excellent sales and negotiation skills and an ability to build and manage professional and effective relationships with corporate partners and key suppliers. You will foster trust and respect in relationships by demonstrating confidence, knowledge and experience of working on large scale events with the pharmaceutical industry. You will provide a high level of customer service to corporate contacts while managing a complex workload across multiple conferences with different timescales. We look forward to welcoming a self-motivated team player to the conference team as we move into an exciting but changing conference landscape.