Protocol Education is looking for a caring, supportive, and dedicated Care Assistant who has experience working with pupils either as part of small groups or on a one-to-one basis.
We are recruiting for an experienced Care Assistant to work in the Teesside area.
If you have experience in care or as a Learning Support Assistant and have supported young adults and children with a range of needs, such as PMLD, ASC and SEMH, you may be suitable for this role. We are looking for individuals with background in care and experience of supporting with personal care, medication, moving and handling such as the use of hoists and slings.
Hours- Monday-Friday 0815-4pm
This role will suit those who want day-to-day work as well as long term roles.
Due to the nature of the role we ask for at least 3 days availability (for day to day roles) and 5 days for full time roles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work well within a team
- Genuine interest for supporting students with SEND needs
- Patient and understanding approach
- Experience of providing personal care is essential
- Knowledge of behaviour that challenges
- Experience of working in education is an advantage but not essential
- The ability to be able to adapt to situations and remain calm in a crisis
- Providing 1:1 support
- Deliver personalised and dignified care
- Support to ensure working towards therapy targets
- Available at least 3 days per week
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see the FAQs on the Protocol Education website for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.