PAYROLL TEAM LEADER
£30,000 – £38,000 Depending on Experience
Must be available to start November 2022
Payroll Team Leader works in the specialist Staff Payments & Pensions Team within Finance & Business Services. The core purpose of the role is to support the Deputy Payroll Manager to ensure staff are paid accurately and on time whilst adhering to regulatory and contractual policies and lead a team of Senior Payroll Officers and Payroll Administrators.
- Processing accurate and timely changes to the monthly payroll.
- Day to day management of Staff Payments Office staff.
- Managing the e-filing of data to and from HMRC (e.g. P6, P9, P45, P46).
- Providing outputs for overseas payrolls and liaison with payroll agents to ensure payrolls are run accurately and on time.
- Enhanced payroll processing with full responsibility for payroll outputs
- Management of exception reports.
- Providing assistance to Deputy Payroll Manager in compiling pay run packs, for authorisation
- Reconciling and paying over deductions to third parties, including those relating to Court Orders
- Supervising the Payroll Officers and allocating work as well as being a point of support and escalation for the team.
- Providing pay run cover to the Deputy Payroll Manager, ensuring the payrolls are run as per schedules.
- Liaison with the Deputy Payroll Manager to resolve staff resource issues and prioritisation conflicts.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- Significant experience working in buys and face paced environments with several years in a supervisory role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Experience working with SAP and Success Factors ERP Systems.
- Management; co-ordinating the activities of others, allocating resources and prioritising the workload of others.
- Interpersonal skills; dealing tactfully and sensitively with staff at all levels within the University.
- Responds quickly to changing priorities; displays a willingness to do things differently
- Works as part of a team towards a common goal; actively listens; takes fair share of workload
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.