Hybrid role – home/ office (Hoddesdon)
At VolkerWessels UK people come first. Joining us means joining one of the UK’s largest multidisciplinary engineering and construction contractors, delivering a vast breadth of innovative projects, and offering endless opportunities to grow.
We are now looking for a Data Administrator to join our team in Hoddesdon. The overall objective of the role is to administer robust controls over specified company data and to ensure that all relevant data is correctly aligned between specified systems insomuch that that all specified data fields demonstrate identical attributes. This alignment process will also apply to the setting up and on-boarding of suppliers and Subcontractors.
The initial focus is to be on supplier data with the emphasis being on the alignment of data held in Open accounts and Workspace. The role is ever changing and one can expect additional duties to be added.
- Validate new suppliers and subcontractor information in relation to; VAT, CIS status, company registration, addresses, bank details, contact details etc.)
- Ensure that all suppliers and subcontractors have a relevant supplier status.
- Liaison with users of interfaced systems re: new suppliers and clients
- Review of Open accounts data to close inactive accounts in line with process to be defined.
- Cleanse / check of key data (company registration, VAT, UTRs, addresses etc.)
- Provide info / reporting for mail merge led activities required by Procurement or Finance. With support from ICT in instances where there are no readily available reports
Skills & experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with the ability to work both on his/ her own initiative and as part of a team
The job holder will need to be computer literate and have a sound working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages and be trained in Workspace. He/ She must have excellent organisational skills and be able to work in a methodical manner, with a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to prioritise own workload. Good English written and verbal communication skills are required, along with a good telephone manner. Meticulous attention to detail is required, along with accurate typing skills.
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Free parking with electric charging points, canteen and gym on site
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of equality, diversity and inclusion. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive.